December 14, 2005

This week was promising to be a really good one, what with the new eye and getting back to work for a couple days, all before going to Florida for Christmas (and sunshine). Now I'm ending my week with a funeral. My friend Kelly's dad went into the hospital this past Saturday after having a stroke, and he passed away yesterday. I don't even know what to say or do. I'm so sad for her and her family. It feels weird to write about this in such a public way, but all I've really been able to think about today is Kelly and wonder how she's doing. I haven't been able to talk to her yet, but I spent a lot of time talking to other friends about it, and there's been a general outpouring of shock and sadness. We're all sad for our friend... and it's like we can't imagine losing our own dads and moms, but here's our friend, whose father is the same age as our own parents, and it just happened, so suddenly. I only met him a few times, but I liked Kelly's dad a lot. I can't imagine what she's going through.

No comments: