April 20, 2008

Ah, spring!

Did you know I live in a really cute house in a really great location? I do. Wood floors in the bedrooms, lots of storage space, plenty of windows and plenty of light, interesting little touches here and there like the glass doorknobs and the arch between the living room and dining room. We're five blocks from central Uptown and five blocks from Lake Calhoun. We live at the "quiet" end of Hennepin Ave., close to the cemetery, where traffic, both automotive and foot, thins out and the occasional passing of a city bus is the most disruptive thing. People walk past with dogs, going to Dunn Bros. or going to the lake, and smile and say "Good morning" the way people do in much smaller towns. It's a great place to live. I love it here.

And spring is finally here (fingers crossed - it better not snow again!) which means I can truly enjoy all these things right outside my door without slogging through mounds of wet and slush. It also means the price we pay for heating our adorable but very drafty house will be much less. We can even take the plastic off the windows! Don't get me wrong, I am a true Minnesotan and I stoically endure winter after impossibly long winter, but there is nothing like a quick dose of sunshine to cheer me up. I'm off to get me some vitamin D.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there - I always love it when the rare post from you pops up in my RSS reader.

We have 8 new inches of snow on the ground and it was 12 degrees this morning. Talk about a slap in the face after it was 75 last week!

I hope you're doing well.

Love,

Jennie

Anne said...

What's this? I forgot you were even in my RSS feed! I can't wait to be home enjoying Minnesota spring and summer with you :)