May 02, 2008

Calliope!

Here are performance dates and information for the choir I'm in! Come see me sing (not by myself, of course, but with a great group of women). This is the press release from my director:

"Minneapolis, MN – Calliope Women’s Chorus is pleased to announce our spring season
program “Eat Well & Prosper”. Who doesn't love to eat? As a group of women, Calliope has a
fondness for fabulous foods and we also care about our health and our community. Through this
program, we seek to link our love of food with our concern for our environment and economic
stability through singing songs about food and agriculture - silly songs like George Winston’s
"Vegetable Alleluia" and thought-provoking pieces like "Farmer" by Kristen Lems will round out
an evening of beautiful music.

Concert Performances:
-June 14th, 7:30pm – “Eat Well & Prosper” Concert
-June 15th, 2:30pm – “Eat Well & Prosper” Concert

Additional Performances:
-May 10, 11am - Midtown Farmers Market
-May 31 - National Anthem @ MN Vixens Game
-June 1, 11am - Kingfield Farmers Market
-June 2, 7pm - QMC Concert @ Como Park Pavilion
-June 7 - NorthEast Farmers Market
-June 8th - National Anthem @ MN Lynx Game"

I'm singing at all but the May 31st and June 7th performances. The day we sing at the Lynx game is actually "Calliope Day" and I'm a little excited, despite the fact I know nothing about the WNBA. Being in choir again is so great, I can't even tell you.

No comments: