April 20, 2011

It's all so official

Well, I officially accepted my offer of admission to the University of Pittsburgh for fall 2011. And now I am going. For real. T-minus less than 4 months until I leave the state and only 3 and a half months until I'm done with working at Half Price Books. It's a little weird to think about but it shouldn't be, really, since I have an apartment leased for August, have RSVP'ed for my orientation days, am communicating with my advisor, and am attempting to use my ridiculous amount of vacation days, among other things.

I think I've said it before but going to graduate school wouldn't seem like such a change if there weren't the accompanying move to another state. I went to Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago and that helped me not feel quite so overwhelmed. Also, my friend Shelly is moving back to Pennsylvania at the same time and we decided it would work for us to go together and share a truck, and we decided on our oficial "Leaving Minnesota Day" which is August 17. It's nice to share the load, literally, with someone else even if she is going to another part of the state. All these decisions made are making the time between now and leaving seem interminable. Right now I'm waiting on the activation of my student account so I can register for classes! All this waiting is getting frustrating.

I'm working on doing all the things that I want to do before I leave and while I can't check off a lot from my first list I feel like I've made some headway! I've gone to movie nights, potlucks, happy hours and game nights galore. While I never made it ice skating at the Depot, I did go pretend snowshoeing with Anne. I still haven't been bowling at Bryant Lake Bowl but I did go there with friends to see a show hosted by another friend! See, friends! I had breakfast at Victor's recently and I've spent more time in St. Paul. Next week I'm going to my first Twins game of the season. Hm, what else? Oh, there will be an attempt at the adult spelling bee sometime next month. The rest I will fill in as it happens...so much to do.

No comments: