November 11, 2004

can't make any promises

This past weekend I made my second and last 12-hour overnight bus trip to go to the beach. This time, 'twas Anna, Stephanie, Sara, and Megan, so we didn't have to deal so much with the stress of keeping a large group of people happy. We went to a place called Chichiriviche, which is Spanish for the place of teal water and islands covered in white sand and palm trees. Actually, I have no idea what it means but that's probably not far off the mark. It was a pretty nice time, except for having a mysterious illness that left me incapable of doing anything except sleeping and watching television in my hotel room on Saturday, while my friends all went off to another lovely little island to enjoy the Caribbean.

The next couple weeks I will spend working on my five term papers that are all due very, very soon. I've been feeling a little stressed out about it, even though I know I will get everything done without much trouble. But at the same time, there's all this other, end of my time in Venezuela stuff that I want to be doing, like hanging out with the friends I've made here, many of whom live in Minnesota and I can see them if I want, but some of them (one in particular!) lives in Sweden and though I would like to make a trip there sometime, it's probably going to be a while. Not to mention my Venezuelan friends, who knows if I will see them again.

A lot of people are away this weekend at various beaches, so I'm hoping I can use this time to get the majority of my work done. My last day of classes is November 25th (Thanksgiving) and then the next day, my parents are coming here! To Venezuela! To see me! And I get to be their tour guide. I'm pretty excited. And then I'm going home! Wahoo! Anyway, what with the endless paper-writing, I can't promise there will be a lot of blogging. Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments: