November 22, 2004

Yay! Hooray! Go me!

Three 10-page papers, one 6-page paper, and one lonely 4-pager later, it's all done. All five of my papers are completed, turned in, out of sight and out of mind, WHEW! and I'm nearly done with classes altogether. It doesn't seem quite possible, but somehow, it's true.

You know what else doesn't seem possible? I've been in Venezuela for over three months now and I'm going back home again in two weeks. That just can't be. It's gone by so quickly. Three months ago I was crammed into an 18-seat plane with a bunch of other adventurous Americans, cruising over the Caribbean sea, wathcing the sunset over the water and wondering what on earth I was doing and what the next few months were going to bring. And now I know. At least, sort of, because I still haven't stopped wondering - if Venezuela is anything, it's full of surprises.

And now it's almost time to go home and who knows what surprises await me there... things like PEANUT BUTTER and a washing maching with a SPIN CYCLE. Have I ever mentioned how the spin cycle on my homestay family's washing machine doesn't work? And I have to wring out all my clothes before I can hang them out to dry? Only to have them get rained on anyway? Yeah, I'm looking forward to doing laundry when I get home.

Anyway, more on what I'm looking forward to when I go home and what I'll miss about here next time I write. My parents will be here in four days!

No comments: