June 28, 2005

Craziness subsiding

Wow, it was quite the weekend here in the Land of the Humidity that Will Never End, enough with the humidity already!

My dear friend Melissa, one of the seven Lonely Ladies, is now married! It's a little strange to think about, even though one of our number has been married for two years already. There were wedding things galore on Friday and Saturday, and as I was a bridesmaid, along with Chelsea and Katy, I took part in most of them.

The actual wedding day was possibly one of the longest days of my life - I was up at 6:30 a.m. and didn't get to bed til 1:30 a.m. But it was a fun day. Melissa was beautiful, the ceremony was beautiful, the flowers were beautiful. There was dinner and... DANCING! Anne is right, those Catholics sure do know how to party. Everybody shook their groove thangs for hours - grandparents, parents, kids, etc.

Unfortunately, Sunday morning I was violently ill and while a tremendous hangover would have been the obvious explanation after attending a wedding, I drank only one glass of champagne the night before... so I think it might have been a case of food poisoning. Felt a lot better by the later part of the afternoon, which was kind of irritating because I didn't go to Anne's lake house because of the ickiness. But it turned out okay, because I got to see Aurora when she was on her way out of town! She called me from McDonald's right down the street, and I met up with her and Kelly there.

And last night I went to the Twins' game... for free! With Kelly and Frank Li, who I graduated from high school with but haven't seen or talked to since, well, high school, practically. After the Twins beat the Royals, Frank, Kelly and I went to the Homan's, where we made Pina Coladas and chatted with Chelsea's parents. Good times.

No comments: