June 24, 2005

Perfect Duluth Day

Chelsea and I made a trip to Duluth yesterday, pretty much for the express purpose of disconnecting my Charter internet service. Why would I have to go all the way to Duluth to do that?*

I haven't been missing Duluth much since I moved back home. In fact, I was pretty excited to get away from it. I miss the people there, but not the city itself. A trip to Duluth solely to cancel internet service was not appealing. However, it's been freakishly hot here in the Cities that are Twin, at least, freakishly hot for the month of June. It's been up in the mid-80s, sometimes low 90s, which is like August weather here. I hate it. That's right. Hate it.

So, when we arrived in Duluth, and I stepped out of the car onto Superior Street, it was so magically wonderful, I almost started crying. It was probably in the low 80s, but down by the lake, there was none of that oppressively sodden humidity nonsense. It was dry. And cool. And there was a delightful breeze that tickled my senses! Magical.

Chelsea and I also had lunch with Brian, and then shopped a bit, and then met with Corey and his girlfriend Amanda for ice cream at the Portland Malt Shoppe. Though Amanda ranted a bit about how she hates people (watch for her on the news, I fear she may take out the Duluth P.D.), it didn't spoil what turned out to be a nearly perfect Duluth day.

I'm a bridesmaid in my friend Melissa's wedding tomorrow, so today it's off to set up for the reception, then to the rehearsal at the church, then to the dinner, and then possibly to hang out with Amanda and Angie! Oh, weddingness. And... Happy Birthday, Katy!

-----------------------------------
*Because Charter is dumb, okay? Apparently I could not disconnect over their customer service line, though I found that out after seven minutes on two separate customer service help lines, both of which had automated menus with an option of: "For Disconnection/Cancellation Services, Press 5." Turns out, the only way to disconnect was to go to their office in Duluth! For a process that took all of two minutes!

No comments: