December 01, 2003

...getting ready for hellweek

I just had a really wonderful thanksgiving and long weekend, and for the first time, I was really dreading coming back to school. usually I really look forward to coming back to duluth, and I've felt more this year that duluth really is my home but coming back here yesterday just sucked. two days off from school was really just the thing I needed... laying around my house, watching movies with my mom and chelsea, having a roaring fire, getting some christmas shopping done, seeing so many of my friends from high school, stuffing my fat face... I'm pretty sure I gained the dreaded "freshman 15" as well, all in one sitting. who cares if it's two years too late? better late than never, I say.

but now I'm facing the last two weeks of class and then finals week. next week, I have a total of three papers and one test, all in the space of three days. all this, coupled with the relaxing-ness of my break, made me really just want to stay curled up on my parents' couch with my purring drooling cat, reading return of the king until the end of time.

anyway, here are some highlights from my weekend:
-my step-aunt, slightly tipsy, looking around the kitchen and saying, "there are a lot of frogs in here!" even though she lived with my parents for several months and should know by now that my mom collects frogs
-watching some old movie with ingrid bergman til 3 in the morning with my mom while eating lots o' pie
-sleeping til noon twice in a row... it was delightful
-going to the grocery store with my parents where they decided that they wanted to bake brie, and they had some guy at the deli counter explain it to them... and then I ended up doing most of the work
-I baked a brie!
-listening to the latin music the olive garden plays when they put you on hold (it's an italian restaurant, why the spanish-language music? I don't know)
-having my friend's boyfriend go all mike tyson on me and try to bite off my earlobe... ahhh, good times

I hope everyone else had as an enjoyable break as I did, and that you were also completely unproductive. my stomach is trying to eat itself so I had better go stop this act of cannibalism.

No comments: