December 08, 2003

I swear to almighty God above, if whoever is out there honking their freaking horn repeatedly does not stop very soon, I will come down there with a hammer and destroy their windshield. seriously, it's been going for the past five minutes! it's not even a steady rhythm... it's intermittent honking. one long honk, two short honks, one long honk followed by one short honk. there's no pattern. you would think if they were going to annoy everyone on this side of goldfine b and goldfine c, they could establish some sort of rhythm, but no.

amanda can't hear it down on her end of the hall. am I the only one who can hear it? am I going crazy? is the end near? I think it must be.

no, it's not! I got up to close my window and saw one of the girls down in goldfine B (in the apartment that we spy on sometimes, tee hee) shutting her window. thank goodness I'm not dying because it would be really sad if the end was heralded not by a choir of angels but by some really weak horn honking. that would be the way I would go out though, wouldn't it?

in the meantime, the honking still hasn't stopped. FOR PETE'S SAKE. I am now considering egging this person from the stairwell window if they do not cease and desist soon.

wait! I think... yes, maybe... but it's too soon to hope. YES! it stopped.

I'm feeling kind of grinchy this december. despite putting up christmas lights and listening to christmas music and going christmas shopping, I'm not really feeling "in the christmas spirit." I feel like christmas is still a couple months away. could it be due to the fact that I have term papers galore to write this week and then finals next week? hmm, I don't know, could be. nothing like extra-long term papers and sitting for exams to kill any christmas-y feelings of joy and wonder. actually, I'm going to colorado for christmas and I get to see a bunch of my extended family and I'm really excited about that! I just haven't quite realized that it will be christmas during that time...

anyway, I have to go step carefully into the shower before I go take a really long grammar test. I definitely want to be clean for that. here's to the christmas spirit!

No comments: