August 03, 2004

Two weeks from today and I will be on my way to Miami, where I will spend a night in some airport hotel (but probably not sleep very much because I'll be lying there in nervous anticipation) and then be off to Venezuela the very next day. I'm very excited and have been very excited all summer but now I'm getting nervous too. Nervous about all the obvious things - going to a foreign country, where they speak another language that I am now doubting that I can even really speak/understand properly (I'm pretty sure it was a dream that I could ever speak Spanish). Starting school is a big one, I always get a little nervous about starting school every year but now I'm starting school in South America. Where I don't know anyone. Um, what else? I don't have my visa yet. My passport is still in the clutches of the Venezuelan Consulate in Chicago and who knows when they will release it to me. I... sort of need that. I can't leave the country without it. Give me my passport, evil Consulado General de Venezuela!

My parents decided to go to New York tomorrow, lord knows why, and they want me to go with and even offered to PAY ME to go because I would miss my last week of work. Should I go? I don't know. I won't say exactly how much it was but they offered to pay me more than I would make in a week of work but the anxiety is rising and I feel like I should stay here and do stuff but what do I have to do? I won't get anything done! PACK! I have to pack! I'm even stressed about packing and I never stress about packing and I haven't even started packing and oh my god, why haven't I started packing yet? Why am I such a procrastinator? I have to go start packing!

Haha, who gave the crazy girl the okay to go to Venezuela? Whew. Just kidding. I'll be okay. Just getting a little too anxious when I know that worrying will really not accomplish anything and that I will get everything done that needs to get done and that things are bound to go wrong and that's okay too. Right? Okay.

No Venezuela fact today, instead I have this picture of lovely Merida for you all to enjoy. And also to calm myself. Oooo, pretty Merida! That's where I'll be, two weeks from tomorrow! (Click on the picture to get the full splendor.)
 Posted by Hello

No comments: