November 18, 2003

oh man

there's something wrong here. I look out my window and I see bare branches. the ground is covered in a damp loamy layer of leaves. the sun is reflecting off the cars in the parking lot across the street. the completely bare cars. the sidewalk looks... naked. as a matter of fact, everything looks rather underdressed. there's something missing. it's the 18th of November. this is Duluth. where is the snow? I realize that it has snowed... but it melted. what is going on here? we're supposed to be buried in our frigid little icebox of a city. but wait! ah yes, the good people at weather.com show that it is supposed to snow sometime... by the beginning of next week. that's more like it, father winter. bring it.

the whole registration predicament was solved, but not as I was expecting. I did go down to accounts receivable, but I didn't get to bring my horrible wrath down on anyone like I wanted to. I explained the whole thing and then was told that the remainder of my tuition had to be paid... and then I meekly shuffled away from the window and went and called my dad. who brought his wrath upon accounts receivable. now, don't get me wrong... I'm all about being an adult and doing things for myself, but if my dad wants to use his "voice of authority" to get things done around here, then I'm all for that. hooray for my dad!

so, I got to register on time, much to my relief. for all those who are interested, I'm taking Hispanic American Civilization and Culture, Analysis of Public Discourse, Gender and Communication, and Advanced Writing: Language and Literature... which sounds suspiciously like the official title of the AP Lit. test that I had so much fun taking in 12th grade. it looks like a pretty good schedule for the most part, except having class at 9, 11, and 12. no 10 o'clock. I can't find anything to take during that time. unless anyone has any ideas? perhaps the perennial favorite... underwater basketweaving. or maybe... fishing skills!

anyway, I should go bathe myself and then it's time for ping pong with corey. an update on the ping pong battle: the past two (three?) weeks, corey has beat me 2-1, every week. I know, I know... I lost my touch. I knew it couldn't last forever... corey has the skills. besides, winning seven games in a row was just getting boring. hehe.

have a lovely day.

No comments: