January 21, 2004

After a whole month spent at my parent's house with only one incidence of blogging, I'm finally back. Back for the blog enjoyment of my loyal fans, if I really have any of those. My parent's internet, for whatever ridiculous reason, wasn't working, and computer genius though I am, I couldn't get it to work. And I wasn't motivated enough to hie myself over to the library to blog, obviously. Yeah yeah, what lame excuses but it's just gonna have to do.

You would think I would have plenty to say after being gone for a month, but I am strangely at a loss. I think I'm just in a daze from coming back and starting class again, plus having a Kelly missing from the apartment and an Amanda added and a Chelsea missing down the hall. I keep feeling like there are things that I am forgetting... forgetting to do? But I think it's just people that are missing causing this nagging feeling. It's all very strange.

When I look back on my break, it seems like it flew by filled with a whole lot o' nothingness but I know it was fun and relaxing. Here are some highlights:

-Spending Christmas in Colorado, seeing crazy amounts of my extended family there
-Drinking and playing cards and Trivial Pursuit with the fam
-Getting my very own car!
-Having a relaxing New Year's
-Going to James and Robbie's dessert and wine party, where I crushed Robbie's foot with my high heels and kicked ass at Trivial Pursuit, apparently
-Going to the dentist... haha, actually that sucked
-Seeing the Wizard of Oz with Chelsea and Anne and a bunch of silly little kids
-Getting my very own car!
-Ice skating halfway across Lake Minnetonka with Anne and Eric
-Spending more time with my parents than I have for a while, which was nice... especially since they bought me my own car!
-And last, but not least....
Meeting Kyan Douglas! The grooming guru from Queer Eye! I met him and talked to him and got his autograph and he wrote "I love Aurora" on her Queer Eye calendar and he called me sweetie! Okay, so I know that I probably sound like a ginormous dork but I just can't contain myself. Queer Eye for the Straight Guy ranks right up there as one of my favorite shows of all time, and getting to meet one of the actors from the show... how crazy and exciting is that! My brush with celebrity.. and oh man, he is one gorgeous person. Almost unrealistically good looking. It was really the best day of my break. If you want to hear the story in full detail, check out Aurora's version, 'cause we shared the whole experience and she gives it in full shining detail in a way only Aurora can....

Anyway, I think I'm going to have to make the catching-up blog a whole series of shorter blogs otherwise this would take far too long. Plus, I just don't have the patience to sit down and write it all at once and I'm doubting anyone really has the patience to read it all at once. And, wow, okay, I'm really sorry for not blogging, people. I didn't realize how ornery y'all got when I didn't. Lord.

Hope everyone is happy and safe. Lots o' love.


No comments: