January 22, 2004

NBC thought they were being all generous tonight, giving America a whole hour of Friends... but really it's a whole hour of re-runs, those stingy media bastards. Of course, I watched one of the re-runs anyway thus negating any sort of pseudo-outrage I was feeling at the lack of a new episode of Friends. They're damn sneaky, those media types but I'm obviously not watching the second re-run, so I fooled them.

Anyway, did I mention that I met Kyan Douglas from Queer Eye? 'Cause I wasn't sure that I did. Just checking.

I'm also not sure if I mentioned that I got my very own automobile. I wish I could put a picture of my car on here, because it's pretty, but I can't. It's a 95 Pontiac Grand Am and it's a fetching shade of purple. The first thing that every girl/woman/female person asks about it (and this is true of really pretty much any car) is "What color is it?" As a girl/woman/female person myself, I'm always proud to reply, "Purple!"

At any rate, I really like my car. The worst thing about it so far is having to move it twice daily to avoid getting tickets. This hideous weather makes it all the worse. Anne's theory about Minnesota hating its inhabitants and trying to get rid of them using the weather seems more and more realistic every day. Minnesota does not love us; it does not want us here. Every time the wind howls, it is saying, "Good God, why haven't you people left yet? You must be insane."

My first (and second and third) day of the new semester have been just dandy. I only have one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and two on Wednesday. Friday will bring three classes my way and then Mondays will be long, with class from 9-12 and then a night class, and then I will be working some Mondays from 1-4, when my new job starts eventually. But yeah, that's my story of the new semester. Oh, except Pfauza (Professor Pfau, to be precise) said that I will be a "rock star" in Analysis of Public Discourse, which is good news for me. After Rhetorical Criticism of Conspiracy Discourse, I would hope that I'd be a rock star in Analysis.

Anyway, it's time for the NEW episode of Will and Grace. It better be good, to make up for the saddening lack of new Friends tonight. Stay warm kids and much love.

No comments: