January 30, 2004

Well, it's not quite my birthday yet, but I must say, it's already shaping up to be a faaabulous one. Here it is, only Friday and already I've been having a great weekend and hopefully it will only get better from here. I've already gotten my license plates (for my purple car!), and even though that's not a real present, it was nice of the DMV to think of me.

And I got "The Ultimate Book of Cocktails"... as if I don't have enough incentives to drink, now I have a big shiny color book chock-full of glossy photos of pretty drinks and instructions on how to make them! Thanks Amanda! She also gave me THE hula hoop, as promised for months... so now we can have our Goldfine freak show... she on her unicycle, me with my hula hoop. That's how I get all the boys, with my swingin' gyratin' hips.

Anne gave me two Sam's Club size boxes of Cat in the Hat fruit snacks which I absolutely LOVE. And she promised to take me to see Hairspray in the Twin Cities sometime, how fun is that! I like delayed birthday presents.

And I also got a huge beautiful bouquet of irises, which are my favorite flowers in the whole world. Chelsea and her mom picked them out for me, along with a really big vase with a pretty white ribbon. The flowers and the vase now reside in the middle of our kitchen table and they are lovely.

Anyway, I'm supposed to tell the Goldberg joke to Chelsea now. Gotta go.

No comments: