April 13, 2004

es casi como si fuera la primavera!

Ahh, a Tuesday afternoon stretching out before me and absolutely no orientation in sight. Oh, how I have missed these days of being done with class at 10 am and then having the whole day left to me to do whatever. With the obvious exception of spring break, I've orientated every Tuesday since the end of February. Today I don't have to, and what a lovely day to be work-less. It's a nice feeling.

I left my toothbrush at my parents' house when I left on Sunday. I'm lost without it. Well, my teeth are lost without it, as they are rather dingy. I apologize to anyone I may encounter before I can buy a new one. Sorry for the stinkiness. Of all the silly things for me to leave behind.

Other than abandoning my toothbrush, I saw Master and Commander on Saturday, which was a good movie that I liked a lot, surprisingly. I mean, it wasn't surprising that it was a good movie but I was rather surprised that I liked it as much as I did. Normally I'm not a big fan of war or battle-type movies and when I saw the trailers for it I was like, "They're just ships..." But the ships were cool! And so are the Galapagos Islands. And man, do I love the Hopkins Theater; you just can't beat $2 for a movie! Easter brunch with the parents was also good; you can't beat free mimosas. Actually, you can't beat free brunch either. Yeah, here's my new theory: in general, free stuff is good and greatly appreciated!

My parents are coming up this weekend, possibly staying the night on Saturday. They love me so much that they miss me already! No, that's not really why, although I hope that they do love me. They're coming up to go house-shopping! Craziness! Mike (my step-dad) has an eclectic range of interests, and one of the more recent additions to his odd hobbies and whatnot is real estate. The house shopping is not for them, however... he's looking for something that could be a rental and I could live there (along with Chelsea, Aurora, Aurora's sister and who knows who else...). This is a potential solution to my housing problems, as I was having a hard time figuring out what I was going to do, what with being gone in the fall and everything. Hopefully, this will work. This also marks the first time my parents have been up to visit me this school year, so I'm looking forward to hanging out with them in Duluth.

Anyway, I'm going to go enjoy this mahvelous day.

P.S. I realize I ended yesterday's post rather abruptly but I sort of lost track of where I was going with all that, partly because certain people persisted in talking to me online, people who probably should have thought back to previous demands they have made for new posts and also should have known that I am easily distracted. But I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Adios!

No comments: