April 08, 2004

So, I finally FINALLY finished my study abroad application and deposited it in the nearest mail receptacle to be sent off to Minneapolis, where they will review it and hopefully send me back an envelope with a note that says, "Hey, we like you... we think you're pretty smart and stuff, and we want you to go to Argentina!" And then there will be all sorts o' forms for me to fill out and read! And then at the end of August I will get on a plane and zoom off to Buenos Aires! Weeeee!

Some of you may have thought that I had already sent in my application due to the way I talk about going to Argentina... like it's a fact, no doubt about it. Unfortunately, I'm full of brazen bravado but it's all a sham. I'm just so determined that I will go that I've already convinced myself I'm there. Now my application is sent off and it's only a matter of time until I hear back. I don't know if I can really contain myself until then!

Now that I have that out of my system, I would just like to thank the person who thought it would be a neat idea to mix ground cacao beans with sugar and milk to create a substance the whole world longs for: chocolate. Oh god, how I love chocolate. It's so... tasty. And look, women who eat chocolate when pregnant give birth to happy babies! I'd also like to thank Cassi for supplying me with gobs of Reese's peanut butter cups, especially because I'm sick and I feel I deserve to eat more sugar when I'm sick.

Hey, I have a new job! I'm working at a church nursery, 3 hours every Sunday. I get to take care of babies and little kids! I must be insane. This weekend, however, I will be making my way to the Twin Cities to stay with my parents and enjoy Easter weekend at home. I hope that everyone has a good Easter weekend but don't put all your eggs in one basket!

No comments: