October 04, 2004

Still alive and still non-parasitic, coming to you directly from Venezuela. I just had one of those weekends where nothing seemed to go according to plan, and yet all the mishaps made for funny stories because I probably had more fun than I would've if everything had happened how it should have. If that makes any sense. Some highlights of my misadventures:

-a going away party for two of the English teachers from my school at their amazing house where I was...
-humped by a very rained on and smelly golden retriever named Aldo
-had the lower half of my body completely soaked because it was raining so hard the streets were flooded (there are no storm sewers)
-tried to see a movie that turned out to be playing NOWHERE despite seeing it on a theater's marquee
-talking with various taxi drivers, every one of whom mentioned not liking President Bush
-falling in a small manhole and having my ankle cut up, in front of the police who stand guard outside the mayor's house, who laughed at the stupid gringa
-trying to play bingo at Rotary and not succeeding because things never start on time here... bingo supposedly started at 6 but the first game was not played until 8:30... oy, these Venezuelans
-yelling out "bingo!" at a very inappropriate time and having all the elderly Venezuelan Rotarians stare at me

But for now I have to run to class. More later.

No comments: