February 26, 2004

I'm a pretty calm, laidback kind of girl. It takes a lot to get me worked up about anything. I do have my spontaneous crying jags about once a month, and the occasional angry outburst about every other month, but on an every day basis, I just don't get pissed. (And I mean pissed the American way, not the British way. Lord knows, I get pissed the British way on a more regular basis than the American way.)

BUT. Every now and then something comes along that enrages me. Like, I'm talking fist-clenching-yelling-at-innocent-bystander-oh-god-fear-the- wrath-of-Alexis mad. Well, probably not that mad but it's pretty damn scary. Just in case you live under a rock and haven't heard yet, Prez Bush is endorsing an amendment to ban same-sex marriage... and that pushed me over the edge. And the more I think and read about it, and what people around the country have to say, the less it makes sense and the angrier I get. I cheered when Massachusetts knocked down the ban on gay marriage and I am rooting for the thousands of people tying the knot in San Francisco. This is a huge step backward. I don't really know what I can say that hasn't been said already by others much smarter than I, so I'm just going to leave it at that.

Anyhoo... ter. That's all. I'm going home this weekend to see Hairspray with Anne and her mom. Beforehand, I am getting treated to an incredibly Fancy Schmancy Dinner. So fancy that it's capitalized. You know it's gonna be good.

No comments: