May 05, 2004

...and the freaking out continues

So I'm just freaking out here, going a little crazy whilst I work on my Spanish term paper. Here's another thing I've been tweakin' about today:

It turns out that the deal on my house (the house I love, the first on the page, the 1920s house I was going to live in) fell through. Well, it's a long story and what's important is that I am not moving in there on the 14th. Which is when I have to move out of my apartment. Which means I have no place to move into. Because oh. my. god. I don't have any place to live. Not only do I have no place to live, my friends who were going to live with me have no place to live and they were counting on me, I'm supposed to be taking care of this (well, my parents are taking care of this and I'm along for the ride) and what am I going to do?!

These were my thoughts on Monday when I found out. But... Mike, my amazingly determined step-dad, drove up here yesterday and we spent a looong time looking at even more houses, comparing and contrasting and by 5 o'clock we had made an offer on yet another house. (For those of you keeping score at home, this is the third offer we've made on a house.) It looks like we're going to get it, too, and might be able to close on it by the 27th!

So some distressing stuff has happened in the past week or so. Sometimes I get pretty sad about it but for the most part it's been okay. It just has to come at one of the worst times of the year a.k.a. right around finals week, when I have so much other stuff going on and of course! I absolutely need to be dealing with two major issues like where I'm going to be the fall of my last year in college and where I'm going to live. Yeah. The week is almost over and then I'm practically home free (haha, no pun intended... home-free, get it?). In the meantime I'll just take everything a step at a time and I'll make it, I'm sure. But if anyone wants to send me cookies or flowers or anything, you know... I'm just saying.

No comments: