May 20, 2004

Well hello.

The past week and a half or so was kind of a blur what with tests and packing and shenanigans (hehe, you Goldfiners know what I mean). And what did I get out of the whole thing?: I'm done with my third year of college (big sigh of relief), I'm never going to live in Goldfine again (exciting and yet sad), eggs are essential to finals week, and saying goodbye is no more fun than I remembered it being. Plus, packing up all your stuff to move it into someone's garage just to have to move it again in a few weeks is not as fun as it sounds.

So I've been living with Dave, Brian and Krista for the past few days and have been working since Monday. Living here hasn't been too bad but nothing here is mine so I know I don't belong. It's just a stopping ground until I can move into my house. The Twin Cities were calling me for a while and I got homesick, but I know that's not the place for me right now either. It's just weird that I'm here all summer when a lot of my friends have left. It will take some adjustment but if you ever want to spend an extended period of time in Duluth, summer is the time to do it. However, Duluth will not be home forever.

I credit the weather with part of this homesickness. It would help if it were warmer here (do you hear me Mother Nature? I shake my fist at you!). Strange how the weather can have such an effect on mood.

Late tonight after work I will leave Duluth round about 11 and venture home where I'll crawl into bed and be rudely awakened around 5 or so to get back in the car and drive to Colorado Springs, where we will spend the night with my Grandma, then get back in the car (along with Granny and her sister) to drive to Reno and then on to Lake Tahoe! I'm going on a real honest-to-God vacation and I get to see my brother and my sister-in-law and my dad and my nephews! Oh, and my parents and my Grandma and her sister. And mountains! Loads of 'em! After Tahoe we're heading to Helena, Montana where we'll stay with my other brother and sister-in-law. I'm pretty ecxited about it, can you tell? Except for, you know, the whole hours and hours of driving part. That's not so cool.

Anyway, there is much to be done before I can go on said roadtrip. Must get to it.

No comments: