May 05, 2004

major whining contained within

I haven't been feeling much like thinking about anything that's been going on recently, much less writing about it. I've been having some crappy days and not just due to it being the last week of classes. The usual hectic rate of the last two weeks of school has been present but there have been lots of fun little sidenotes that have made the last few days pretty rough.

First there was finding out about Argentina, which may have been the hardest thing to take of everything that's happened. Probably better that it happened first, then. Suddenly I can't do what I've been planning to do for months and I have all these decisions to make and it all has to be done in a relatively short span of time if I want to be able to go anywhere. And I'm not terribly good at making decisions. Once I make a decision I'm usually confident about the decision I've made and I don't second-guess myself too often... it's the whole getting to the actual decision-making that's hard.

So now I'm stuck - I can't decide how much I really want to go to Venezuela. It's not that I don't, I mean, it's Venezuela and it would be amazing to go there and all, but I wanted Argentina. It's hard to change my mindset after all that. I've looked for other programs that go to Argentina but most start right in the middle of July. I'm taking summer classes then and it's not like that can't change but I also need to work this summer to make money to study abroad. I've thought about other countries in South America - Chile, specifically - but for a lot of those programs it's the same deal; the semester would start in July. The Venezuela program starts in the middle of August which is better. Then there's a multi-country program that would go to Mexico, Argentina and Spain. Now that would be awesome but it's a lot more money than any other programs I've looked at, plus I think I'd rather stay in one country and be able to travel around to other places (the Venezuela program would allow me time to do this).

Anyway, sorry for the rambling, it's just stressing me out a lot and I don't really know what I want to do. If anybody has any suggestions or advice, I would really appreciate some help. Hey, you guys should find me a great program that goes to Buenos Aires and doesn't start until at least mid-August (end of August would be even better!) and isn't too far below my Spanish skill-level. And... go!

No comments: