May 02, 2004

So, the word on the street is that I wasn't accepted into the Argentina study abroad program. Turns out I'm overqualified. Whhhaaat? Yeah, apparently I have too much Spanish background and it just wouldn't be the best program for me. That's the reasoning behind not accepting me. It goes without saying that I was upset. I emailed the U of M Learning Abroad center on Thursday night just to ask if they had even received my application and when I sat down at my computer Friday afternoon, they had emailed me back and that's what they said. I burst into tears as soon as I saw the email. I'm still sad about it. Ugh.

But, there's a whole new game plan in progress: the woman who emailed me was the Argentina program coordinator, and she suggested that I apply for the Venezuela or Spain programs. The Venezuela program was my second choice so I'm going to go ahead and apply for it. Argentina was my first choice, for many reasons, but I'm open and I'm willing to change my goal. It's still South America, which was my overall main choice for study abroad. I suppose I should change those links on my sidebar.

School is winding down and I finally have more things to do. I have a test tomorrow and my Spanish term paper is due on Friday. I will be watching the Friends finale, of course (who do you think I am?), so the paper and the presentation for it must be done or practically done by 7 p.m. CST Thursday night.

I went to the Attitudes dance performance on Friday night and it was awesome! Aurora is the president of Attitudes and I could see the end result of all the work, time, and tears (oh, and there were tears, poor girl) she has put into it over the past school year. Plus, I got to see her dance which is always great. She did amazing work - in dancing and in running the whole show!

I'm sick sick sick AGAIN. I was sick around Easter time and I have another cold. I hate being sick. More than anything I hate having a stuffed up head and thankfully that is not one of my symptoms this time around. You know the feeling, right? Like having your head stuck in a fish bowl? That feeling makes me a very sick and complain-y person. But hooray for chest congestion! *cough cough hack*

No comments: