May 11, 2004

Crikey it's humid down here in the Twin Cities. Driving for what seemed like forever this afternoon down I-35, I appreciated the way it got gradually greener the closer and closer my car got to home but I had no idea what the temperature was like. Going south on I-35 is like riding in a time machine - traveling to what Duluth will look like in the future. Yellow flowers were growing on the side of the road and when I got off at my exit, there were delicate pink blossoms on all the crabapple trees and tulips were growing along Carlson Parkway. As I pulled up to my parent's house and got out of the car the humidity was pretty surprising but not unwelcome and the smell of lilacs - oh the lilacs! - was everywhere.

One final left on Thursday and why am I here? To sign papers on my house, of course. At least here I'm somewhat isolated without the distractions of friends and roommates and the lure of packing so I can get down to studying. Riiight. Speaking of, Analysis of Public Discourse is calling me.

P.S. I found a cool site/program that posts pictures automatically to blogs, free of charge! Hence the dorky picture of me. :)

No comments: